- Plug the ION shield on the arduino.
- Connect the 5V supply on the microUSB port on the ION-shield.
- Connect the arduino to your PC and download/open the Arduino IDE.
- Open your git client (For ex. GitBash) & Download/clone the code from github
- You may also go this link and click on “Clone or download”, download the .zip file in the desired location & extract the contents.
- Open the folder MakerMax_ion and open the Arduino sketch.
- Now we will go over some basic tutorials that will help you understand how the code works and help you interact more efficiently with your ION board.
Tutorial 3: Implement overvoltage, undervoltage and overtemperature.
We have implemented various safeguards to protect your lithium ion cell from over voltage and under-voltage protection,
Here in this snippet you can observe the threshold value for Over & Under voltage being defined.
The Lithium ion cell is safeguarded not to go below 2.8V and not to be charged above 4.2V, After reaching any of the aforementioned values, the controller switches the mode back to idle state.
Similarly, you will be able to include a safeguard against overheating on your own by configuring the on-board NTC thermistor (refer user manual for more information).