- Plug the ION shield on the arduino.
- Connect the 5V supply on the microUSB port on the ION-shield.
- Connect the arduino to your PC and download/open the Arduino IDE.
- Open your git client (For ex. GitBash) & Download/clone the code from github
- You may also go this link and click on “Clone or download”, download the .zip file in the desired location & extract the contents.
- Open the folder MakerMax_ion and open the Arduino sketch.
- Now we will go over some basic tutorials that will help you understand how the code works and help you interact more efficiently with your ION board.
Tutorial 2: Changing Charge and Discharge values using On-Board push buttons.
The ION board offers configurable charge and discharge currents which can be controlled through the code, or through the push buttons SW1 and SW2 on the ION hardware board.
Now we will walk you through on how to increment and decrement the charge & discharge values.
- After switching to Mode1 (CHARGE) or Mode2 (DISCHARGE), press and hold SW1 for 1 second,
In order to decrement the current value by 50mA, you may also change the step size by altering these lines.
- Similarly you can increment the charging value by pressing and holding SW2 for 1 second.
Configure these lines to increase or decrease the step size
Hence, We are done with the tutorial here. Please write suggestions, questions and feedback in the comment section below.